Thursday 22 August 2013

Super Salad!

Now, I don't know about you - but I am rather fond of a decent salad. Yes, I know, 'you don't make friends with salad'.... but I can guarantee you would love to be buddies with my salad today!

May I just point out that I was in a rush to get ready this morning, so this was a panic decision & it worked brilliantly... so no excuses for that soggy white bread sammy you are eating...


Welcome to the Super Salad...

Spinach - always use spinach as a base! It is my go to for a lot of things. Packed with nutrients, spinach is the king of the leaves...

Avocado - I'm obsessed. Avo's are rich in essential fats (important for brains & braun) and have a high potassium content which helps to balance out the bad influence of sodium (salt!)

Quinoa - Easy, high protein, tasty, filling. Need I say more?

Broccoli - high in vit C and fibre, also great at helping the body to absorb protein, which brings me to my next ingredient...

Soft poached egg - Nom. Mini nutrient bombs, eggs provide all the essential proteins your body needs (can't produce itself), and over 11 essential vitamins and minerals.

Almonds - these little beauties help to lower LDL (bad) cholesterol, regulate blood sugar, provide essential fats & proteins and taste bloody good!

Goji Berries - for little berries, they pack a huge antioxidant punch! Don't be fooled though, they're not as sweet as you may expect...

and finally...

Lemon - the BEST salad dressing you could ever need. Tasty, decent vitamin C levels, and they alkalize the body (bring the body back down to a healthy pH).

Pwoah. There she goes! 

Would love to hear about your favourite lunches! Comment below...

D xx

No comments:

Post a Comment